|It was built in 1911 on the site of the original Post Office, built in 1835 by Thomas Young. Mr. Young had a frame, one story building which he used as a store and post office. This corner was the core of the settlement in the 1830?s. The area where the Canada Trust is now located was considered ?the common? or ?market square? as it was the only level and cleared patch of ground on the north side of the river.